Danfoss FP715si - Loss of Visual Display

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, unit has been installed now for approx 3 years without problems however I'm now experiencing problems where the visual display is lost but the two red lights stay on and obviously the CH and WH stays on all the time.

If I press and release the reset button the display and setting's return but I can lose the visual display within 10 secs or within days or within weeks.

I contact Danfoss when the original fault occurred and they suggested that a power surge was the most probable cause of the fault but after experiencing this problem about 8 times over the past couple of months i'm beginning to think that the controller has a problem and needs to be replaced or has anybody else got any views as to what might be causing the problem.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi there
Sounds like you may be right. Unless you are in a weird and wonderful area of UK where you are getting unregulated elec supply, cannot believe it would be power surges or at least other equipment in your house would be affected.

Sorry can't help on cause but wanted to say that you can get replacement FP715si on ebay for very reasonable cost, might be worth replacing it. Least you will only have to replace the programmer and not have to fit and e-wire the backplate again! Simply turn off mains, remove programmer (two locking screws at bottom) and then put replacement straight in, 5 min job at best!!

Good luck

Thanks for the reply.

No other problems with electrical components in the house associated with any voltage surge so think that I will have no option but to replace the unit.

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back