Vaillant Combination Boiler not responding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vaillant Combination boiler model PLUS824E. At the moment there is no hot water or central heating. The boiler display shows 25 degrees and the green light flashes constantly. When I switch the central heating on the boiler does not respond, when the tap is turned on the boiler starts but the temperature doesn't rise on the boiler display.

This appears to be an intermittent fault as it happened a few weeks ago and by the time the plumber arrived it was working again. He advised that until he sees it not working he is unsure of what is causing the problem and doesn't want to replace expensive parts hoping that it might fix the problem. Has anybody experienced something similar with this model of Vaillant Boiler.

Paul

Sponsored Links
Get the manual and press the "i" buttor and see which fault code it shows and what the book says it is.

Thats only what the boiler "thinks" is the problem!

Tony Glazier

Green light flashing is the warm start for the dhw this can be turned of using the control diagnostics. May have faulty thermistor or pcb.

The warm start will stop the ch as warm start takes priority until it is satisfied.

The warm start will stop the ch as warm start takes priority until it is satisfied.

Didn't know that!

It should toggle off/on by turning the HW temp to max.

Sponsored Links
It could be aps ? Had similar problem aps and diverter valve was replaced.

Was told apparently aps were to be replaced during service from black
colour to white ( or white to black ). Can someone confirm this ?

"aps were to be replaced during service from black
colour to white"

Yes, Black ones unreliable apparently

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back