Vaillant boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Vaillant boiler central heating comes on by itself when I run hot water. It was doing this for a while and went unnoticed. (I thought that we'd forgot to switch the central heating off manually as it doesn't respond to the thermostat settings). Then we lost
all hot water and called Home Serve out to fix it. The first engineer said it was the exchange unit or something; he didn't carry the part so his colleague would come out the next day to fit one. A couple of days later he came. We now have hot water again but the original problem with the central heating coming on when the hot water is running has returned. We have to turn the electricity off on the boiler to prevent the heating running constantly. Any solutions please?

Thanks.

PS It's a Ecotec plus model

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I really cannot understand the total incompetence of so many working for firms like Home Serve.

I carry that diverter valve in my car so surely they should in their van?

Turn the hot water knob anti clockwise and then up to about 2/3 of the range and that should turn off the DHW preheat.

Tony

I really cannot understand the total incompetence of so many working for firms like Home Serve.

I carry that diverter valve in my car so surely they should in their van?

Turn the hot water knob anti clockwise and then up to about 2/3 of the range and that should turn off the DHW preheat.

Tony

You carry all vaillant diverter valves in your van tony???

He hasn't specified the model

Not sticking up for homeswerve but c'mon

Can anyone tell from what's been posted, that this is a combi. Have I missed something, or are you all better guessers than me?

Thanks to everyone for your useful replies. I've called Home Serve back and am awaiting a reply from their engineer for a return visit. Will keep you posted on the result.

Either the DV motor is unhitched from the valve spindle, or the motor and PCB are shot from the DV leaking. Good luck with Homeswerve. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back