Vaillant boiler, no hot water, central heating ok

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a vaillant combi boiler, the problem is that my hot water doesn't come on, the central heating works, the hot tap water is ok when the central heating is on but the boiler does nothing when i use the hot water alone, so i'm having to switch on the central heating each time i have to use hot tap water
can anyone help

Sponsored Links
i don't know what model but its not that old, probably 6-7 yrs old

Sponsored Links
Standard diverter valve type problem - models vary. But (sorry its late and I'm feeling bitchy) if you cant read a name plate OR describe the boiler you're unlikely to be able to fix it yourself :confused:

How on earth can anyone tell you how much its going to cost to mend a boiler when you can't tell us what the boiler is? :eek: The only quote you'll get is for an hourly rate. If someone comes out and diagnoses a fault they'll have to be paid even if they go no further. Rates will vary depending on where you are. £30 to £130 per hour.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back