vaillant boiler acting up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 4 year old vaillant turbomax boiler and today i have noticed that the hot water is very intermittent. ill get hot for a few mins and then its just cold water coming through,, central heating isnt that hot either.
there are no errors on the boiler display, anyone got any ideas as to what could be the problem?

Sponsored Links
For us to have any chance of guessing what your problem is we would need a full readout of the operating parameters in the DHW operating mode.

For a start you could:-

Turn off heating and turn on DHW and tell us the s** value and then get the d6, d40 and d41 values.

Then run the heating for 30 minutes and advise the d5, d40 and d41 and

Tony

here is the info you asked for:

s.8
d6 = 53
d40 = 45
d41 = -

after 30

d5 =57
d6 =53
d40 = 43
d41 = -

hope that helps...let me know what else you need

The CH setting temp on the knob seems a little low. Turn it up a bit!

The boiler does not seem to be responding to a DHW flow!

The turbine often gets jammed and is quite easy to open and clean out and then they usually work again.

Very occasionally you find a bit of dirt but usually you dont see any reason for it not to work and on opening they seem to be turning freely.

After reassembly you should expect an s10 to indicate the boiler has recognised a demand for DHW.

Tony

Sponsored Links
maybe i should have asked this before i gave you the readings but what is DHW?
also, when i open the panel the only part i see that i can open is the water pump. I dont see a turbine anywhere

Turn off heating and turn on DHW and tell us the s** value and then get the d6, d40 and d41 values.

Tony

One wonders how you did that then!

Perhaps you would be better getting someone in then!

Boiler repairs are not for everyone!

Tony

Tony

One wonders how you did that then!

Perhaps you would be better getting someone in then!

Boiler repairs are not for everyone!

The DHW flow turbine is called an "aqua sensor" in their Germanic wisdom ( or not ). You could search for it in the book rather than in the boiler but then it will only be two dimensional.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back