Danfoss Randall 103 timeswitch replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I currently have a Danfoss-Randall 103 mechanical timeswitch, & would like to replace it with an electronic model.

Could anyone tell me if there are any other timeswitches, other than the Randall 103E5 or 103E7 models (to expensive), that can replace the 103 without altering the wiring.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
ok, thanks

Anyone know of any cheap suppliers for the randall 103e7 or 103e7. Cheapest i can find is about £55

Why not alter wiring & backplate thet are easy to alter randall 103 only has live neutral earth & switched live out if you have 240v switching this will be linked to live if 24v switching then use the 2 other wires from blr which are alresdy there

Sponsored Links
I've got a second hand 103e5 ( working when I took it out on a conversion )
If it's any good to you make me an offer.

The cheapest I have found after hours of phoneing around was £32.99.

I would still offer £15 for a used one though as would still give me a saving. If you want to sell it for this then let me know

email is :

MOD

e mail removed it can be shown in your profile

spugh99 said:
The cheapest I have found after hours of phoneing around was £32.99.

I would still offer £15 for a used one though as would still give me a saving. If you want to sell it for this then let me know

email is :
If it's just the mechanics that have failed, you can get a brand new replacement mechanism for similar money, without replacing the whole device.

Kevplumb

Do you still have it, I am interested but cannot find your email addy...

how many wires do you have connected at the back of your timer?

I have a Randall 103 mechanical timeswitch and I gather I can replace with 103e5 or 103e7 without any re-wiring, I think it just slots on to the same backplate and makes contact with the connectors

Hi,

I think this must be one of the wierdest setups my plumber has seen. Here's the situation:

The randall 103 timeswitch had some loose and 1 disconnected wire. OK tried putting it all back but something is not quite right. Cos boiler (back boiler) fires up but pump doesn't. Apply an externall power source to pump and it's OK.

The wierdest part is that the red (assuming live) wire from one (of two) 4 core wire is connected to where ALL the Earths are connected. If you take this red wire out the boilers goes off.

Can anyone shed any light? We're pretty certain that it's something very simple that has been overlooked. It was ALL working a few days ago.

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back