Danfoss Randall 3022 and potterton boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a gravity fed system in my house, with a cold water tank in the loft, a hot water tank in the 1st floor in the bedroom and the boiler is on the ground floor along with the timer controller (danfoss randall 3022) and thermostat (honeywell).

http://danfoss-randall.co.uk/Product/087N6558_MNU17416279.html?tab=docs

when i put switch to water priority the hot water tank heats up the water but there is no heating, and when i put on heating priority the heating starts to work, but their is no hot water.

My question is there a way of heating both? water and central heating? or do i have to manually switch it?

In the morning we would like to have hot water and heating, so would like to put it on timer, but dont know how to do this.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
With a priority system its one side at a time as you've discovered. Most people would now convert these to a Y plan config and get better control.
You will need a new mid pos valve and maybe a new programmer and a rewire.

thanks. where does the valve go? is it a major job?

what kind of programmer can replace it? is it single or double channel? any recommendations?

sorry am new to this - dont know much about plumbing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back