Heating not coming on timer - Please help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i need some advice from the experts

im having some renovation work carried out and the workers have had to take 4 radiators off. They drained the system and took them off and put stop ends on after doing so. They have now put back 2 of them, and put heating back on.

However this is where the problem has started. I have put it on timed and water priority to enable the radiators to come on and water to heat up. This is how it used to work, both would come on if set on "timed" and "water priority". I have a Danfloss Randall 3022 timer/control, and a honeywell thermostat controller in the hallway:

http://danfoss-randall.co.uk/xxTypex/305732_MNU17416279_SIT313.html

The system is gravity fed, so potterton boiler downstairs, hot water tank in bedroom and cold water in loft.

Since they put the radiators back and took air out of the radiators. The heating does not come on when on timer (it did used to). It does if i put switch to heating priority.

Any help/suggestions? im worried something has happened to the system and may be causing more serious problems.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
What you call gravity fed is more than likely incorrect.
Your system may have a diverter valve fitted near the cylinder or elsewhere on the system?

hi thanks for your reply. Im not sure what that is? sorry im new to all this. what does it look like?

Is there something my workers could have done to change something?

just did a quick search for the valve, im pretty sure there is one near the boiler. Could this be the problem? what could have happened?

Im pretty sure the workers didnt do anything with this.

Appreciate your advice

Sponsored Links
If its a Honeywell metal box look at the lever at one end.

Is it floppy and able to move along the slot?

If it has been lodged in the little slot then take it out!

I always think that workers should not be playing with radiators if they are unable to deal with any minor problems which may arise.

Tony

thanks for the reply. ill take a look when i go home.

what happens if it is lodged in?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back