Danfoss Thermostat & Hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I wonder if anyone can help. I have just purchased a Hive heating kit for the Central heating (Combi boiler) and it looked pretty simple but now as I come to install it I’m a little unsure.
I have attached a picture bellow

L. L
N. N
1. Live (linked from 1)
2. Empty
3. Empty
4. I guess it’s CH On ?

Can anyone please confirm

Hive
N. N
L. L
1. Live?
2. Empty
3. (Number 4 CH On)
4. Empty

Could anyone please help?

Attachments

• D5F49409-C31E-4097-B41D-16F03181CA80.jpeg
    D5F49409-C31E-4097-B41D-16F03181CA80.jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 438
Sponsored Links
Assuming that you have the single channel version of the Hive for Combi boilers then it's a straight exchange of the wiring as it is, except that the green / yellow wire goes into terminal 3 instead of 4.

So:

Brown wire in Hive L
Blue wire in Hive N
Green /yellow wire in Hive 3 (Htg on)
Link between Hive L and Hive 1 (Com)

BTW It's bad practice to use a green / yellow earth wire as a live conductor which has been done in this instance. It should at least have a brown sleeve on it to identify it as a live.

Edit
Beaten to it by johnmdc.

Thank you for your reply. I’ll have a fiddle over the weekend :).

Sponsored Links
Fitted! Thank you for your help Stem. Have a great weekend.

Attachments

• FCCEDDCA-1CF7-47FF-848F-13C71DE73441.jpeg
    FCCEDDCA-1CF7-47FF-848F-13C71DE73441.jpeg
    203.3 KB · Views: 634
Sorry John, of course you were :)... Your advice was invaluable! Watching lots of YouTube video’s can get rather confusing and I saw contridicting diagrams of what my danfoss electric timer wiring was supposed to be. Anyway, I took pictures just in-cause and labelled the wires.
Very impressed with the Hive, originally bought it for lights as Son comes home from School to a dark house and now I get notifications that he is home too. The thermostat add on was £70 so should be able to save that by turning the heating off and using the heating more taylored to our needs. Ie not heating an empty house!... :).

Thank you once again...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back