Danfoss thermostats - replacing with smart

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been reading this forum for a while and finally have a question! Thanks for all the support from everyone.

The situation is that I have a seperate heating and hot water thermostat attached to my megaflow:

But in the bedroom I have another thermostat:

1. Firstly, why do I have two thermostats for upstairs?! The bedroom one controls all of upstairs so both the boiler and bedroom one have to be programmed similarly?!
  2. What can I replace all three with in regards to smart thermostats? I'm leaning towards Tado if I can, due to the radiator add-ons.

Downstairs:
Underfloor heating off of the combi boiler. Replaced the thermostats for programmable ones, which presumably saved the installer about £1! Probably wont change this as I suspect its expensive to replace three room ones with something smart?

Many thanks all!

Sponsored Links
Hello Deano,

The first two for heating and hot water are programmers, not thermostats, the bedroom one is a thermostat, so are you wanting to rid all, or just the thermostat?

Last edited:
Ah of course, doh. The one in the bedroom is a programmable thermostat though which I still find odd only a meter or two away.

I'm happy to get rid of all.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Not sure, I don’t deal with G3 installations, so unsure if it’s relevant to this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back