Dangerous Habit Drinking From Cans.

The urban myth, that I refer to, is usually quoted along the lines of "a bowl of nuts from x was found to contain urine from over y number of individuals"

Finding the amount of urea on the nuts would tell you nothing. Assuming that any urea present has come from urine. It may have come from a single individual, or many. Also, since most men don't actually get their hands wet while passing water, (and those that do would have dried them before dipping into the nuts), the resultant urea concentration is going to measured in parts per billion.

It's also missing the point. A bit of urine is harmless. By far the biggest hazard would be from saliva. Someone taking a handfull of nuts may be inclined to lick their fingers. Saliva is loaded with all kinds of microbes. If the same individual were to now grab another few nuts, they could be passing on all kinds of nasties.

In fact, just the microbes landing on the nuts, from being exposed to the air, would pose a bigger threat than that of the urine.

Sponsored Links
unless the urine contains traces of infected blood of course

masona said:
I have a another report somewhere regarding underground train seat covered, it's has more germs than you can imagine, even rat urine. I see if I can find later.

http://www.janitor.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Life.htm#New York Subway :D

TexMex said:
The interesting point is, as abhorent as this sounds, human urine is generally sterile! If you are in the Jungle and you cut yourself, in the absence of clean water, it is recomended that you urinate over the cut, to clean out any infectious material. So this is probably a case of, what you don't know, won't hurt you.

"Baldrick has been drinking his for a week, even before the water ran out. He says he rather likes it"

Eeeeew!

TexMex said:
A bit of urine is harmless.

I think I would rather knowingly take my chances with the airbourne microbes than the urine though! :LOL:

The "fact" I had read was that the residue left in the bottom of a peanut bowl after a night in a bar was x percent urine. You could work that out by the method I suggested. I have never read the one about the urine of a certain number of people, that would be pretty hard to prove but where there are statisticians there is a way. :D

There is the other one, about door handles and hand washing. Every time you open a door in a public place you are "touching" the naughty bits of several people. Perhaps I will stop washing my hands so I can effectively be fondled by everyone who walks into my office! :evil:

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
Perhaps I will stop washing my hands so I can effectively be fondled by everyone who walks into my office! :evil:
I'm gradually building up a profile of what kind of person you are/look like from your replies and i can honestly say it doesn't look a pretty picture! :LOL:

TexMex said:
The interesting point is, as abhorent as this sounds, human urine is generally sterile! If you are in the Jungle and you cut yourself, in the absence of clean water, it is recomended that you urinate over the cut, to clean out any infectious material. So this is probably a case of, what you don't know, won't hurt you.

Makes you think about the contortions necessary if you cut your head.

Eddie M said:
TexMex said:

Makes you think about the contortions necessary if you cut your head.
Is that why it's said that men from those parts of the world are better endowed than their western counterparts? :)

Nah, just aim for a distance record and you'll get there. But I doubt you will be using this cheap and readily available antiseptic next time you cut yourself shaving! :confused:

kendor said:
I'm gradually building up a profile of what kind of person you are/look like from your replies and i can honestly say it doesn't look a pretty picture! :LOL:

Whatever smiths has been telling you, it's just not true!!! :LOL:

would that be the Lynx effect they go on about? or the other one that our 'enry used to say about splashing it all over :)

AdamW said:
kendor said:

Whatever smiths has been telling you, it's just not true!!! :LOL:
:LOL:

the fact that rat urine can be extremely harmful only goes to prove that urine from whatever species can contain unpleasant surprises

What we are also forgetting is all the drugs from prescription end up in your urine as well, this is now why the water company have to recycle the water through the filter system as least 7 times before you drink it. I have a 3 filters water cleaning system that clean the drinking water including taking 99% chorline out. I even tested it with the water strip tester to prove it's working.

Does it remove the oestrogen too? Or does it counteract this by adding testosterone? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back