Dangerous Habit Drinking From Cans.

That explains the liking of Girlie room's and underwear then ;)

Sponsored Links
One thing has been overlooked - urea is present in sweat, too.

Sponsored Links
Urea is also expelled from the gills of fish. That's why there's a parasitic fish that uses it to "home in" on it's target (the gills of it's host).

This gives rise to the little blighters forcing themselves up the penis of people taking a leak in the amazon. Once installed, they have to be surgically removed and do a great deal of damage. Tears to the eyes or what? :eek:

That'll teach one to / in the Amazon!

Maybe to avoid them you have to \............!

Oestrogen in rivers is such a problem that fish are ending up sterile/sexless.

securespark said:

S*d the fish, I don't want to wake up tomorrow and find I have to put on make-up and a dress... again... ;)

I really wouldn't make a very pretty woman... think Martin Johnson in a dress :eek:

AdamW said:
securespark said:

S*d the fish, I don't want to wake up tomorrow and find I have to put on make-up and a dress... again... ;)

I really wouldn't make a very pretty woman... think Martin Johnson in a dress :eek:
Didn't I tell you?

One of the biggest cause of oestrogen in water courses, is Dairy farming. You see, when a farmer wants to produce more dairy cattle, he selects his most productive cow (on the milk front). Pumps her full of oestrogen. Artificially inseminates her with the semen from a prize bull. (this can sell for thousands per shot!). She then falls pregnant, with perhaps 20 odd firtile eggs. The embreos are then transplanted to other members of the herd.

The prize cow is then put through the whole process again. In the meantime, she is p1ssing bucket loads of oestrogen into the fields. This, in turn, gets washed into the rivers.

I beleive they also use it to fatten calves for veal! (could be wrong).

Having been around farms and know(n) a fair few farmers .. I wouldn't trust most of them to administer an asprin never mind the drugs that they are let loose with .... they see ££££ is all !!

P

I'm not sure we need to worry too much about oestrogen in the drinking water. There are plenty of other sources of oestrogen in our environment especially in some plants. This may not be a bad thing as these do tend to reduce one's risk of dying from coronary heart disease. Also if there were to be trace elements it's unlikely that they would be in sufficient concentration to have any adverse effect (MMJ's boobs aside-although blaming it on the water might get you out of exercising for a little while! :LOL: ).
On the water side, there seems to be good evidence from the regulatory bodies that UK drinking water doesn't contain any detectable pharmaceutical agents including hormones and hormone disruptors. What is concerning (as already mentioned) is that the same cannot be said of the effect on aquatic life. Although I'm not sure what can be done about this.
Interesting about the farming aspect Tex Mex but I suppose this sort of practice is quite common nowadays-is there any regulation? Chlorination and carbon activation is supposed to be quite effective but how can you do that to a whole river?
Perhaps we should all buy organic.

TexMex said:
smiths said:
AdamW said:
If we all just switch to drinking beer, will that cure this problem? It saved the blacksmiths during the cholera outbreaks in London.
There's no way you're that much of a geek, you must be putting it on.
Adam's right you know. The clue that set Snow on the right track, was an issolated case of a woman, in an area (Kensington I think), where no other cases had been seen before. It transpired, upon investigation, that this well-to-do woman, sent her maid to Soho every day, to collect water from the standpipe there. (she had lived there years previously and preferred the taste).

Yes, I'll admit it, I'm a bit of a geek too (I used to study endocrinology, Just for fun!):rolleyes:

MasonA said:
It's the same with peanuts in the bowl at the pub bar, it's full of men's urine because 95% do not wash their hands after the toilet.
Considering the practicallities of carrying out an analysis to prove this urban myth. The amount of DNA material, from any individuals urine, on the said peanuts would be microscopic. To get an ID on this small amount would require the use of a technique known as "DNA Amplification". DNA Amplification can only be used on samples free of contaminating DNA. (such as material from others urine or the peanuts themselves). Therefore, I propose, that the scientific analysis has never been undertaken.

As I have said before, 80% of all statistics are just made up.

The interesting point is, as abhorent as this sounds, human urine is generally sterile! If you are in the Jungle and you cut yourself, in the absence of clean water, it is recomended that you urinate over the cut, to clean out any infectious material. So this is probably a case of, what you don't know, won't hurt you.

Ewwwwwwwwwww and I was eating my dinner!!

Only your own urine is sterile to you. You can wee on yourself and it's OK for your body (which is why I believe some midguided individuals actually drink their own!!) but no-one else can wee on you. Unless you like that kind of thing. :eek:

Stop picking on the rats everyone! :) Actually rats' urine doesn't always contain the disease, but it CAN. It's very rare, but a b*gger if you catch it.

You know, watching Frasier, where his brother Niles incessantly wipes seats before sitting down, and cleans everything before he eats or drinks - he's not stupid! You don't know where they've been!

Sponsored Links
Back