Dark/wet patch external wall.

Hi “ihavenojob” - that was the next port of call, I just thought I would have a look before hand. It’s not a mass builder, it’s a local builder with a great reputation, it’s just they are virtually closed for the Christmas break. The on site plumber has given me all the information I have provided on this thread inc location of pipes etc, he’s also looked at the meter leak dial and says there can’t possibly be a leak.

It’s just a mystery as to why it keeps appearing and then going.

Huge thanks everyone! If I manage to find out what it is or if it disappears I will be sure to post an update.

Sponsored Links
Does it actually feel wet? If it's appearance it might be due to the light or time of day etc - if it is physically wet even when it does not rain something must be going on

No, I’ve been out at different times of the day and felt it, and it never seems to feel wet.

When it has rained and the full wall has been wet, it doesn’t seem darker or wetter than the rest of the wall… it just blends in.

The only thing I can think is, with it being covered for the last year with a hose pipe, it may have had an effect on the bricks in comparison to the rest… apart from that, I’m at a loss.

All the mortar and brickworks seems plum so I don’t think it’s shadows or anything, I also thought it may have been patched up and the mortar may be different but then sometimes in the day it’s not “wet” looking, which ruled that out.

It’s truthfully just bizarre!

Sponsored Links
These are two photos from today… one in the day time and one just now at night.

When it next dries, or looks dry… I will take a photo and attach it.

Attachments

• 9D41FAA6-DECB-4FAF-85AB-DBF70F357F9A.png
    9D41FAA6-DECB-4FAF-85AB-DBF70F357F9A.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
  • 77CBDB0F-5851-474C-AC20-FDCDC0F46B0D.jpeg
    77CBDB0F-5851-474C-AC20-FDCDC0F46B0D.jpeg
    529.4 KB · Views: 42

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back