Dave Allen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
_40916245_dave_allen_whiskey203.jpg

A truly funny guy ... did not realise he had retired ...
Age 68, pretty young to die today.
Always disappeared between shows .. kept the family life away from glare of publicity.
P

Sponsored Links
i saw him 2 weeks ago in a "bakers" in Kensington, wish'd i had said hello

One of the funniest men I've heard tell a joke. I would liked to have saw him 'live' on stage or in a club. I agree, he will be sadly missed.

It must be over twenty years ago that the great comedian suggested that, in answer to the question "Who was born in a stable at Christmas?", the average child would reply "My little pony".

Last Christmas, a local department store famous for its window displays had a stable with a baby in it, complete with shepherds, wise men etc. There was no Santa, no Rudolph, no fir trees or Yule log. In fact there was nothing remotely North European whatsoever. From within the crowd a small voice was heard. "Mum, what's this got to do with Christmas?"

Nice one Dave. You should have been there.

Sponsored Links
Yes truly one of the best, but also a man of the times, his sort of act would also be considered , by some, as a bit non-PC.

Sadly we will never be allowed to see the same again.

But being "PC" means being "NOT FUNNY". Give me non PC any day, tell it like it is

Couldn't agree more! Are there any real comedians anymore? I may be getting old but the newer ones don't even raise a smile for me.

david and julie said:
Sadly we will never be allowed to see the same again.

oh i wouldn't count on that, i seem to recall he was on tv about a year ago (not sure about the timing) but it was the Dave Allen we all know and love, (except he was as i saw him, much greyer hair)

does any one else remeber seeing the show?

Sorry breezer, what I meant was that type of comedian. To me it seems that with all this PC c**p we have to live with, we aren't allowed to have a laugh anymore.

Why the sad refrains? Thisold F***er will live forever. Or at least till the next one comes along. Dave Allen knew how to have a life, have a drink, have a smoke etc. The geezer was very funny, and his humour will continue to shine. And don't forget his puppet, Lord WhatsIsName...

Allegedly Dave's contracts generally specified, his desire for 'no full repeats whilst still living'.
Perhaps there will be a reprise ....
Hopefully that was a clever method of taking care of family, and insurance against overexposure .. I hope it works out, good move Dave.
;)

Sponsored Links
Back