Dave.M, windows help and support problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Read your post in GD, I have XP where/how do I find windows Help and Support, so I can delete it, if it is causing problems?
I have Help and Support Center HP Invent is that the same thing?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
To turn off (disable) Help & Support and stop it from starting at boot up:

Click Start -> Run -> in the box type services.msc -> OK

The Services window will open.

Scroll down to Help and Support.

Double click Help and Support

In the window, click STOP. Then click the Start up Type -> select Disable

Then click Apply or OK and close the windows.

Reboot. You may get an error message after bootup:

“Windows cannot open the Help & Support . . . etc.” If so just click OK or close it.

Monkeh,
I left the reboot instruction in just incase someone else boots up next time it is started and gets the warning message, they may not know what to do and panic. :)

But excuse me for my extreme ignorance, where do I go to, so I can disable Help and Support, remember I am an idiot! I need careful guidance :confused:

Cheers dave, misunderstood the first bit of your post reading it too literal.
I have done as required and do we now wait until a fix is available and do we need it anyway?

When Microsoft come up with a fix, yopur computer, depending upon the 'Windows Update' settings will probably just download it and install it with no problems, and possibly without you knowing about it.

As the Help & Support is something that hardly anyone uses, you can leave it disabled.

Don't expect a fix too quickly, it's probably part of Microsoft's strategy to persuade more users to migrate to Windows 7..... ;)

Sponsored Links
Back