Davis is back

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Isn't the old fellow superb. I'm really enjoying seeing him again.

Sponsored Links

I've torn a calf muscle, and resting up, hence why i've posted a few on here and saw Davis beat Higgins.... but i think he got lucky today.... can't see him going any further, even against the Aussie!! He just isn't match-play hardened enough!! Shame though, and i wish him all the best!

I've torn a calf muscle, and resting up, hence why i've posted a few on here and saw Davis beat Higgins.... but i think he got lucky today.... can't see him going any further, even against the Aussie!! He just isn't match-play hardened enough!! Shame though, and i wish him all the best!

Let me put it this way.....

If you hadnt driven for a few years, you'd still get behind the wheel. After a few hours of driving you'd be a sharp as you was. Mr S. Davis is doing that, and at 52! He may have got lucky today, but the work was done yesterday! He didnt need to be lucky today. If Higgins had met him 25 years ago he would have been anihalated.

David.

He's doing it, and from what I saw from the end of the match he's loving every minute of it. Go for it Steve. I wish him luck.

Sponsored Links
Higgins didn't play well tonight.... i wish i was a gambler... i'd put a few quid against Davis to win this championship or even his next match !

Your driving analogy is good, but you're talking broad degrees in terms of driving. Snooker is about minute tolerance under huge pressure....

And he had plenty in his younger days so why not now?

Good luck to him I say.

He's doing it, and from what I saw from the end of the match he's loving every minute of it. Go for it Steve. I wish him luck.
Absolutley he's from a golden age , I hope he goes on to win it. :)

His matches with the hurricane were legendary.

Snooker is all about putting the hours in.

Davis doesn't and his play lacks as a result. Admittedly he puts far more in than most 52 year old players but he is far off his prime.

He even admitted today that his better form of late is due to a punter texting him and telling him he was moving his head before he finished a shot. young players do 8-10 hours a day of practice, I doubt davis does more than 2 now.

all that said i hope he goes on to the final. :)

edited by the mods again....poor show.

When I heard that Davis was playing Higgins, I thought that The Hurricane is doing well, seeing as he's almost dead.

Wrong Higgins! :eek:

Took me back to my youth though!

When I heard that Davis was playing Higgins, I thought that The Hurricane is doing well, seeing as he's almost dead.

Wrong Higgins! :eek:

Took me back to my youth though!
My GOD! you're old. :LOL:

But we are also wise. ;)
We??
I'm not a spring chick myself, I remember the black and white TV with 4 channels and Bela Lugosi and Boris Carloff,
I'm a surviver, Well I survived the TV of that time. :D

"'m not a spring chick myself, I remember the black and white TV with 4 channels""

"And for those of you watching in black and white, the yellow ball is behind the pink""
Or summat like that. Good old Ted Lowe.

Incidentally whats peoples best breaks? Mines 48, me and a mate played 2 sometimes 3 times a week but he changed jobs which meant long hours and miles away from home so i havent played in 5 years.

We used to get to rileys for about 1pm and not leave till midnight every time we went without fail.

Once we went and i broke off and the tip fell off, i took it to the bar and got their resident player to re-tip it, i grabbed the closest club queue and my very next shot i got a 33, was well impressed :D

Dread to think how cr4p i'd be now :cry:

I went to visit my mate in york , and at his local centre I totally fluked a break of 44, :eek: and evryone though I was the business, On that break every red I hit set me up for either a black or a pink.( I can't answer why even today. :D ).

Then the next frame I started playing my usual game of 1 break :oops: and all the people that had gathered to watch thought I was doing it on purpose, to let my mate win. I pretended they were right, But then 3 more games on and still doing it , they must have thought 'this is getting monotonous'. :confused: :D
I was just glad to get it over with , that day TBH :LOL: .

A fluke turned into an embarrassement.

Sponsored Links
Back