DC test rig for solar inverters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want a rectifier to power up a solar inverter with DC power to create a rig to measure Voltage DC/ amps DC > voltage AC/ amps DC either side of the inverter.
DC voltage up to 500v would be needed to make the inverter function.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
have you thought about building one yourself??

You could buy an enclosure, get a step up transformer 230-500 VAC and buy some suitable diodes to do the full wave rectification.

have you thought about building one yourself??

You could buy an enclosure, get a step up transformer 230-500 VAC and buy some suitable diodes to do the full wave rectification.

It's ok my boss would buy it! Lol . I just want something off the shelf, if anybody knows a supplier ?

I think you will be looking at over £5000 for something like that. A 500 VDC 5A power supply can cost over £5000 on its own.

Sounds more like FIT fraud to me :LOL:
Not thought of that one! Lol

Too late, its been done already! Can't find the article at the moment but the guy had used a HVDC supply to power up the inverter.... buying juice at 15p/kwh and selling it again at 43p/kwh on the otherside of his inverter. :LOL:

He thought he'd been clever, using a photo cell & relay to power up the unit only in daylight .....however, he didnt expect the FIT people to compare his reading against those in his local area......... :eek:

Sounds more like FIT fraud to me :LOL:
Not thought of that one! Lol

Too late, its been done already! Can't find the article at the moment but the guy had used a HVDC supply to power up the inverter.... buying juice at 15p/kwh and selling it again at 43p/kwh on the otherside of his inverter. :LOL:

He thought he'd been clever, using a photo cell & relay to power up the unit only in daylight .....however, he didnt expect the FIT people to compare his reading against those in his local area......... :eek:

Same happens when your bill seems too low. The supplier rings you up to check if your ok and in good health! (and are you nicking lecky??). Umm.. still havent found my rectifier though?

Can't point you to a ready made device...... but how about the front end of a SMPS or an inverter drive??

You'd have the rectifiers & smoothing cap that would give you around 360V DC from the mains??

Actually, thinking about this more.... some of the better motor inverter drives give you access to the DC bus ..... Eurotherm ones certainly do. Could you work with 360V DC for a single phase unit or around 700V DC fr a 3 phase beastie....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back