De Dietrich - oven door won't stay closed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We have an old De Dietrich built in fan oven (in the cupboards) dating probably from the late 1990's. It works fine, but a few weeks ago the door started not closing completely - you could push it and there was a spongy feeling, like it was slightly open. After a few good pushes you could hear something click and it was properly shut.

Now, the door will not shut at all - when you try to close it the door falls immediately open due to its weight and hangs open all the time.

I assume there is a problem with the hinge, of which it has only one on one side anyway. The hinges look similar to all the spare hinges I can see if I search on the internet.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can check to see if I can fix it, before having to replace the whole thing, which seems a waste? I'm not sure you could get spares with it being so old.

Any advice appreciated.

Gill

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a faulty hinge to me.
But it may be worth giving there customer services a call on 01256 308 045 for confirmation and part number.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back