De Dietrich faulty oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Our new house has a De Dietrich electric oven (quite old), the only identification i can find is on the warranty card that states it is a 2848, though net searches don't show anything for this model number.

The problem is that after working perfectly fine with no obvious signs of deterioration it suddenly stopped working.

The oven is an electric fan oven with one large oven and one small oven.

The small oven is working fine, however the larger oven will not switch on at all. The only item still functioning is the door lock which activates on certain settings. Even the preheat light behind the temperature control doesn't come on.

However there is obviously power to the unit as the small oven, the clock and the lock are still functioning.

Any ideas? I will happily provide what info i can as obviously i haven't given you much to go on, just ask and i will try my best.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Check the clock isn't set for automatic. If it is this will stop the main oven working.

Thanks for that.

Ha play around with the control as it is also the control that alters the clock (really should have put 2 and 2 together as it hasn't worked since the clocks went forward) and it would appear that the inside of the knob has broken meaning that even though the knob itself appears to be pulled out (i.e. off auto) the control itself was staying in the on position.

Pulled the control rod out with a pair of pliers and hey presto the oven works perfectly.

Thanks again for your help you've saved me a potential hefty bill.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back