Dealing with old brickwork - paint or plaster?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've just had an extension built & a playroom added on downstairs. This includes a cupboard which has been knocked through to our under-stairs space which is made up of brick & some breeze-block walls. The cupboard will only be used by my kids for playing, storing toys, etc.

We don't know how to decorate it quickly & easily. One option is to plasterboard & plaster it but this seems like a lot of effort & maybe beyond our skill level! What other options are there? Can we just paint over the brickwork? What about the breeze-blocks?

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
I think if the cupboard is going to be used by your kids to play in and to store toys,then it would be nicer and safer even if you just dabbed plasterboard onto the brick/breeze block walls,then you could just paint it.It would save any injury if they were to bang into the wall.This would be a fairly simple job to do even with limited experience.I'm sure you could get someone to guide you along.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back