Repairing a bodge

8 Jul 2009
Reaction score
United Kingdom
About 5 years ago we had a door leading into our lounge blocked up. As I recall it was done by bricking up the hole and then a piece of plasterboard secured onto the brickwork. This was then plastered/skimmed but no tape or anything was put over the gap between the plasterboard and existing wall. I simply filled the gap in the best I could and then decorated.

Obviously the filler wasn't up to the job and the gap quickly reappeared. Is the only option open to me know to put tape over the gap? If so, do I have to then plaster/skim over the area? (presumably 'Yes' otherwise you will see the tape through the paint!)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links