help with paint on newly plastered section of wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there

we had a door filled in last week and plastered over.
i don't think the plaster was fully dry, and although the rest of the room has now dried with the new paint the section of door that has had the new plaster now looks like this;

door.jpg

The outside of this wall has only been breezed blocked over, not bricked yet - so i understand this section of the wall will be colder and take longer to dry. however it has been around 1 week now.

if it helps, i don't believe the decorator applied a 'mist coat' to this - not that i saw anyway.

any thoughts on how best to fix??

thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you know what paint was used?
Clearly the plaster underneath was not dry but could well be OK if a breathable paint was used.

Thanks. It was a dulux matt paint, that's all I know of it.
Do you think it'll sort itself then?

Sponsored Links
Worst case what's the fix?
Sand back?
Mist coat?
Re-paint wall...?

Worst case what's the fix?
Sand back?
Mist coat?
Re-paint wall...?
Yes worse case, take back to bare.
Thankfully its only the new that would be affected, to be honest you would probably notice blistering at this stage but it does look like the moisture is making its way out.

Starting to see blistering now and also what looks like fine wood shavings appearing in patches. Very odd

Starting to see blistering now and also what looks like fine wood shavings appearing in patches. Very odd
I would wait for the exterior of the wall to be finished and see what you have to deal with after its all dried out, it shouldn't be a massive problem to sort out.
Im afraid its bad judgement by your painter really as they should have advised not to go ahead yet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back