Decent sink mixer tap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Can you please recommend a decent sink mixer tap? Something not too expensive but good, that will last for years.

Maybe a good not too expensive brand?

Sponsored Links
Bristan are good. Fitted lots of them. On one, there was a fault with it immediately after installation for a customer. They sent their engineer out the next day to sort it - so very impressed with after sales service. Buying a branded tap will also mean spares are available in the future. Some cheap taps are a false economy as spares are notoriously difficult to obtain and you end up binning the tap. Sometimes after a very short time.

Lots of the unbranded stuff is Chinese made and often badly made. Grohe are also good, but a little more expensive. Have a look for these brands on Ebay. Often some bargains to be had.

I fitted this: http://www.screwfix.com/p/swirl-contract-mono-mixer-kitchen-tap-chrome/78570 to replace a leaking mixer. No regrets, and it has washers as opposed to ceramic discs, so easier to repair if it starts dripping.

Original taps supplied by MFI with the kitchen had a plastic spout, which split down the middle.... Had as much water running back down the tap as was coming out the end, and those taps were not cheap! (MFI said they were good quality, I should have known better I suppose!) :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys,

Have just bought Bristan Sonique Bathroom Basin Mono Mixer from ebay for £40. Hopefully the item is as decried and not some Chinese fake :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back