Possible to upgrade a 2 taps sink to a Twin Deck Mixer Tap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bathroom sink has 2 taps such as the one shown below:

I would like to upgrade the taps to a twin deck mixer tap such as:

The problem I have is that the distance between both holes on the bathroom sink is 200mm, but the distance between the tap connection centres for all the twin deck mixer taps I found is 180mm.

I am aware that twin deck mixer taps are mainly used for kitchen sinks (hence it might not look great on a bathroom sink), but I would still like to know if this is possible to convert 2 single taps on a bathroom sink to a twin deck mixer tap.

Anyone had any experience of doing so?
Do single mixer taps exist with tap connection centres 200mm wide apart?

Thanks,
Ant

TAP CONNECTION CENTRES 180mm

Sponsored Links
No, I don't think there is mixer tap for 200mm wide holes.

How about a single hole basin mixer tap and blank off other hole? Might look offset.

Dan.

Hi Dan,

Unfortunately I cannot replace the sink, it would look to odd compare to the rest of the suite.

Hi wrathkeg,

Thanks for the feedback, though I do not really fancy the design I wonder how you managed to find this mixer tap with the connection centres 200mm wide apart?

I am still going to have a look and google a bit more, but it does not look promising. It looks like I will have to install 2 separate taps :(

Ant

Sponsored Links
about a year ago i spent hours googling (and checking catalogues, and talking to plumbers) when i wanted to do the same as you but with a bridge rather than a deck mixer. in fact, at the time the only mixer I could find with anything like the right style was a bath filler, as these do seem to have 200mm centers. So that's what I ended up fitting. not ideal, but given the size of the basin, not too bad either. and having a mixer was important

i think yesterday i ended up typing something like "bathroom tap bridge mixer" and there it was, about 5 from the top.

The real killer thing for me is, the product I found yesterday was actually the one I should have bought a year ago, but couldn't find. I just keep having to tell myself that at the time they didn't make it :rolleyes:

i'm no expert, but it seems unlikely that one would be available to stretch that far. as well as looking a bit strange, it would also block access to the bits that hold the soap. if i was you i would be exploring the possibility of putting a monobloc mixer on one side and blocking up the other hole. what would be wrong with that?

Odd tap positioning? Plenty of them about:

amazon-countertop-basin.jpg

temoli-basin-with-towel-rail.jpg

teramo_counter_mounted_basin.jpg

green_basin_cut__84106.JPG

Wall-Mounted-Corner-Basin_large.jpg

I know some are down to size constraints, but give it a go. More room for the soap.

Thanks wrathkeg,

nothing wrong with your solution... a part from knowing how to do it...

Can you recommend the things i need to buy? or a guide on how to do it?

thanks
f

not exactly thrilling delivery, but this might help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FahXuCCoWro

and this:

http://www.handymanknowhow.co.uk/plumbing/replacingatap.htm

be warned though: I have never fitted a mono mixer to a basin so it's quite possible there is some pitfall I haven't noticed! I am especially uncertain as to whether a mixer would fit through the hole, but the holes and mixers might be a standard size for all I know. plenty of more knowledgeable people on this forum should be able to advise on any of these steps. some of the advice might be available on here already in other threads.

I'm fairly sure you need a bigger tap hole for a mixer than for a 1/2" tap.

I came across this thread via Google. I'm replying as thread is fairly recent.

I need a basin bridge mixer for bathroom which is 180mm between taps, like http://www.wdbathrooms.co.uk/chrome-beaumont-bridge-basin-mixer.html

Ironically I have only found 200mm basin ones, and 180mm for baths. The bath ones are too big.

I've been Googling for hours on this, does anyone know of an online store which sells them. Have asked Plumbers etc as well.

Thanks in advance, simon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back