Decking gone wrong

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My decking in my garden has decided it’s had enough, the boards are lifting from all ends so will need to rescrew.

The worst bit is though, there’s a big section which drops when you stand on it, I painfully removed a board in the heat and noticed this.

When I stand on the section
D090513F-FD37-44C3-BBB4-C0B319499ECA.jpeg

When I lift off
7DB6C3BC-BFA2-41F3-ACA9-FB16F9C7F4C8.jpeg
See how the gap changes? I’d prefer to get someone in to do the whole lot with composite decking but can’t see anywhere which does blue, just greys and creams.

For now I’d like to butcher this together but unsure what I can do, I’m thinking of removing the board at the front of the picture and screwing the bits of wood together and whilst I’m there put a brick under the bit of wood

Does that sound do-able? Or would screwing the two bits of wood together just split it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Scrap all of that above, we’ll be removing it all and just laying down grass turf as it’ll be the cheapest option for now.

Can anyone recommend good topsoil from wickes, b&q etc?

I did see this at b&q but the reviews are rather poor
https://www.diy.com/departments/wes...EAQYASABEgI9DPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&storeId=1002

Shall I go with

Or is there some other National place which sells something better?

I’m not entirely sure how much I’ll need until I rip the old decking out but want good topsoil for fresh turf to go over

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back