decking help - posts and joists

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, built a few decks before but need a little help with this one.

deck size is

2.4m across
3.0m in length

deck will be raised just off the ground. I will post a pic of the location in a second to give you a better understanding. this deck will also in the future have a hot tub on so will need to be sound for the extra weight.

c16 4x2 would be better but i feel 6x2 would be better in terms of tub support .

anyone be able to nock up a quick birds eye view of post and joist spans .

cheers

dan

Sponsored Links
this is the area that needs to be covered from the fence 2.4m across (middle of wall pillar)
then 3m from wall out. (basicaly area were 4x2 is crosing).

as you can see there is a little paving to the right but i will prob still put a few posts here.

dont really want to use 6x2 due to height but if thats what it requires then so be it .

wall at back is single brick so wasnt sure about attaching a ledger to this , probably a few posts just in front of footings then overshoot the rail to the wall by a few cm
2ywu9lu.jpg

for got to add in 4 corners there will be 4x4 posts for a pergola like structure over the top

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back