Decking ledger over air brick

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to run a deck just under my bifold doors. There are several air bricks which I obviously don't want to cover.

If I put a ledger on, how far should the ledger be from the air brick for it still to be effective. I've seen "space it 10mm" which doesn't seem a lot. I've seen people suggest cutting the ledger out for each airbrick, that is probably overkill. The deck is only about 4-5cm from the ground, made of 2x6.

I was originally going to make up 4 2m x 2.5m boxes, the deck is 5m wide and 4m deep, rectangle. The back of the building it would run against is 5m long. I've added a picture. Deck would run east to west, with the supports running north to south.

I've had several trade people turn up, none have seemed concerned about the air bricks and two even wanted to just drill it flat to the wall over them. I got 4 quotes, 2k, 5k, 6k, 9k. All seemed a bit over the top for what is relatively straight forward - just a 4x5m rectangle. The added bit in the pic is something I'm going to build later when I've moved the shed that's there.

Attachments

• IMG_20210317_192137.jpg
    IMG_20210317_192137.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 89
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back