Decking lights list of parts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have built a new garden deck and Im wanting to put in some decking lights, I have seen something on ebay which is approximately 10 x 50mm lights.

I want to put about 7 in my decking and buy a few extra to be put at the top of my garden set in paving.

The garden itself is small roughly 5m wide x 10m length.

I wanted to run a switch from the house under the deck into each light but we have concrete floors so its just going to cause far too much disruption after having a kitchen just fitted so im going to be running it from the garage just to the right hand side of the garden.

Im thinking it may be a bit of a pain going in the garage each time we want the lights on to go in the garage so I was wondering if there was some sort of switch we coul dhave outside that was easily accesible, I was thinking something like a sensor that went on when it was dark but then thought that would cost a fortune in electric.

The cable will run approximately 4metres in total to the deck and 7 to the paving.

Im assuming I need to use some sort of armoured cable to each area but do I need something that will connect the armoured cable to each individual light, like an aerial splitter but an electrical equivalent?

Appreciate any help/advice you can give, kind regards Paul...

Sponsored Links
Ok well this is a short decripiption off ebay, whether I purchase them from there remains to be seen yet, I want something not necasarily cheap as I dont want bulbs blowing left right and centre.

Contains 10 low voltage LED lights with plug in transformer, junction box and cables
Each LED light contains 3 LED bulbs.

LED lights give a subtle lighting effect.
Feature lighting for decking, brickwork, paving, patios, wall, skirting boards, plinths, driveways & ceilings
Suitable for gardens, kitchens & bathrooms - Just about anywhere in and around the home.

Cool running - Safe to touch

ip66 Rated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back