Decking oil advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,

When the decking was constructed, we used pre treated timber but have never applied any decking stain or oil. Our decking has been down for 2 years now and the planks have started to fade and fungus has started to grow on some of the planks. I've seen other people's decking who have applied a stain/oil and it looks great. Having read up on decking stains/oils on the internet, opinions seem to be highly varied as to whether you should apply a stain/oil and if so which brand to use. I've noticed alot of people complaining about Cuprinol and Ronseal so i have discounted those. However, Owatrol, Liberon and Rystix seem to have decent reviews - has anyone used any of these products and if so are they good? Im trying to work out which one to pick but to be honest the information on the net is so varied that im totally lost.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back