Decking oil recommendation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting my deck built just now, using scandanavian red pine deckboards.

I've been reading that decking stains are best avoided and decking oil's are the preferred approach to protection and maintenance of decking.

Has anyone used this decking oil?
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/52805/Paint/Wood-Care/Cuprinol-Natural-Cedar-Decking-Oil-5Ltr if so, how do you rate it?

Or is there other better oils which have slight colouring qualities?

Cheers
Grant

Sponsored Links
cuprinol is good, personally i think the best is liberon, but it will do the job just fine

Sponsored Links
Yes,

I've used this exact same product, in this colour and from the same supplier. Completed my decking around a month ago. If the boards are already red you may just want to use a neutral oil. Mine were the standard yellow pine prior to the oil going on so brought it out in a subtle red. Of course this tint will fade in time.

View media item 12940 View media item 12941 View media item 12942
and at night:

View media item 12943 View media item 12944

Liking the look of that fella.
Ordered up some of the Cuprinol stuff, as the Liberon doesnt have the similar colour. The decking isnt 'red', more is std pine with a whiff or reddishness through it, so it should hopefully look like yours when done. I'll get some before and after pictures up of it.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back