Decking on concrete

Tjs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi any help would be appreciated.

I'm looking to construct some decking on top of concrete, would using cut up bits of timber (treated) on top of a dpc strip, and then the decking joists on top of the cut up bits so it's then spaced off the ground a few inches work?

Obviously I wouldn't want to put the decking joists straight on top of the concrete so spacing off a few inches doing it this way?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Cut piece of timber however treated will rot quickly . You need either small tile of concrete slab or even chop up plastic decking for a spacer .

Ok so concrete slab directly on top of the concrete base, then place the joists on top of the slabs? Cheers

Paving bricks (or any bricks) if you can get them free locally on Gumtree.

Sponsored Links
i am building a deck out over sloping garden. want to build storage room under deck and thought i would put in retaining wall and 4metres another and run block and beam over top. ive googled and people talk about building normal joists on top, however we want to make storage as high as possible so how to minimise depth,could i build up 50mm wide 30mm concrete joists on the screed over blocks and screw boards down through into block?or any solutions?

Are you sure you need a screed over the concrete blocks/beams? The lowest support for decks is merely the smallest 'joists' which could be say 25mm composite joists. A deck does not need fixing down in reality, it's own weight will hold it down no problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back