Decking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, In the next few months I will be purchasing the materials and building an L shaped deck around the back and side of our house. I'll be doing it in two sections, one will be 7.6 meters by 3.0 meters and the other 2.7 meters by 5.4 meters. I've been looking at a decking supplier that has a calculator on their website. The calculator calculates all materials required. But, when looking at the materials list and pictures supplied, I can't see any materials for or pictures of noggins. Will noggins be required on deck(s) of this size?

TIA

Sponsored Links
Noggins help the stability of the joists i.e. against twists in the wood but not mandatory as the decking boards partially perform this task: if in doubt put them in, staggered, it can only help in the long term.

Blup

As above, it would only cost £20 £30 for 2/3 4.8m 100x50 lengths to stiffen it,or whatever size your using 150x50 etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back