decorative pipe covers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know where I can get some wrap around covers from (chrome ideally). I need to cover over a gas pipe that runs through a kitchen worktop and looks a bit ugly so thought I’d cover it up. The pipe is about 33mm wide.

Sponsored Links
old 1" iron would be about that big.

but i don't think the rad snaps come that large. you might be able to find some shiny coated 40mm waste pipe (i guess intended for those poncy euro style wastes), slit down the back of it and flex it over the top.

But it might be easiest to box the pipe in.

But then if it's a gas pipe that would be a duct and would require ventiulation. Just being pedantic for the fun of it.

Sponsored Links
Paul Barker said:
if it's a gas pipe that would be a duct and would require ventilation
Just to continue the pedantic theme, it wouldn't need ventilation since its cross sectional area would be less than 0.01 square metres and the volume less than 0.1 cubic metres.

I susoected that but wasn't conscerned enough to go out in the cold to the van for the corgi manual. You must have your manual in the house, please don't tell me yuou have that level of detail in your head?

Well yes, I happened to have the manual next to me, just to double check the figures you understand. ;)

If it runs straight and true it`s never a gas pipe :rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back