Delay before turning boiler on when using thermal actuators?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, I have looked for an answer to this but not come up with anything... maybe some experienced people will be able to advise.

I am installing an 8-zone underfloor heating system, with a thermal actuator on each zone.
I have a wiring centre that will open the relevant actuator when there is a call for heat from any zone, and will turn on the boiler if there is one or more zone calling for heat.

However, since the thermal actuators will take 3 minutes to open, then each time only one zone (the first zone) calls for heat, all the actuators will be closed - and the boiler will presumably cycle a few times (just pumping a tiny volume internally through the by-pass valve), before the actuator has opened.

So should there be a 2-3 min delay before activating the boiler after the first actuator-open signal? Or maybe I am worrying unnecessarily about this.

However I did see on an expensive wiring centre that it had the facility to switch on 'boiler delay', but there was no documentation about when this would be appropriate.

Boiler is a new Vaillant EcoTech Pro.

Thanks for your advice. :)

Sponsored Links
Need more info on the UFH system/wiring centre/boiler

A few pics would be nice as they are worth a 1000 words (y)

Jon

Some UFH wiring centres have this delay. Some UFH wiring centres use 4 wire actuators...

But at the end of the day, you are worrying unnecessarily.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back