Deleted Thread

Sponsored Links
Very amateurish.

Depending what you specified for the aprons! it is acceptable to do them with felt.
personally i would have used code 4 lead 1.5m lengths max.
The felt must be raggled into the wall, the pointing is very untidy.

the leading edge should be a welted drip.
http://www.diydata.com/projects/flatroof/flatroof.php

I would be tempted to put a pitched roof on there.

Just had another look at your pics, i wouldnt pay for that . :confused:

Typical ***** Roof Job - they are everywhere - Roofing is their new tarmacking :idea: . Bet they had a smart signwritten van ...........With no landline number ;)

Sponsored Links
Agreed very poor, did the same ****** put that fence up as well?
I'd go along with alastair and put a pitched roof on there.

Timber fence posts - says it all really. :rolleyes:

I concur with the guys, the roof looks amateurish.

Less is more i.e;
when you see lots of material daubed up a structure whether it be mortar, plaster, bitumen, silicon, render etc it usually means that the dauber does not know what he is doing and does not have confidence in their work.

does it leak? if asthetics are your problem then sprinkle some stones on there ;)

job was done on the cheap, you know the saying

job was done on the cheap, you know the saying
I'd lay a quid there are other such bodges done by the 'developer'! '

In fact take a look at the decking down the side. I hope thats not up to the level of the DPC -if the house has had one fitted.

The furthest window looks like its on the p*ss. The window above the flat roof looks like it was fitted by Stevie Wonder. Fence held up by the trees just waiting for the next strong wind to take it down.

Did you say you've already completed or can you walk away?? Is the owner the guy on the right. :)

I agree, absolutely walk away from that one. No brackets on the downpipe as well. You would have thought that whoever has been on the roof would have sprinkled some weedkiller on next doors roof garden!

I think you'll be uncovering some horrors once you start, if that's what the visible work is like.

No brackets on the downpipe as well. .

Noticed the roof garden next door but missed this one :eek: .
but it's like a spot the fault picture, I've just looked at the porch affair on the left. There's a garden on top as well but just what is that downpipe discharging into?
and the cable to the light above the roof, where does that go?
However, I suppose it will all come down to how little the seller will except and how much work you are prepared to put in.

Lets hope that developer never comes round this neck of the woods........or on the other hand he may create some work for the real builders out there.

What response to the question; "Has any work been done that required Building Regs approval?"

Naaah, waste of time, the answer will be "No".

I wouldn't be asking the vendor to be doing any more work.

Your reduction in price ought to have a contingency for stuff you don't know about yet.
Also, judging by the way the house prices are going, it's not a bad thing to drag it out as long as possible.

My view is that asking for almost 10k reductions because of shoddy work is he will try and hold fast or barter you down. Don't forget those are the things you can see - what else has been covered up in the haste to tart it up for a sale. Whats the central heating like - did he fit that himself. Thats a 4k job if its been bodged.

How much will you 'lose' in surveys - £400? Thats nothing if you got the place and found its a complete turkey. Chalk it down to experience and just walk away. You'll look back in a year after finding something much better and say thank god I didn't buy this place. I've been there ,done that, got the T shirt.

The next place you look at, don't bother with a survey. Use what you've learnt on this one and take photos of anything your not sure of. Post them here and us lot will point out any issues.

I missed the tree growing in next doors roof, but thats real a doozy! It shows neither the owner of your house or neighbours don't really give a damn about the fabric of the building.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back