Dell monitor have I got a stuck pixel?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have 2x 20inch LCD Dell monitors (model 2005FPW that I use on my PC, bought brand new in September 2006 and one has a little glow near the bottom left hand corner.

It disappears if I display an image that is black in that area so I assume that is because the lamp behind switches off to give black but if I have an image which displays colour in that area it will glow, glowing brightest if the colour is a light colour.

It is as if a lamp is behind the screen surface and is bright enough to shine through the screen. I assume that the whole screen has lamps to be able to display the image on the screen and that this one lamp is glowing too bright.

I am a little confused what this is, I mean I realise the picture is made of loads of pixels but aren’t they really tiny like on say a newspaper picture and therefore only visible with a magnifying glass?

This glowing dot is about 2mm plus (no bigger than 3mm at most) diameter so it seems a bit big to call a pixel to me but I am no expert on this stuff, so what is it?

Can I do anything about it; I thought I read once about running software to exercise the pixel or something, is that possible here?

I don't have any dead pixels as far as I can tell, I even had this checked when I bought the screens as it was offered, and so if this is not a dead pixel what is it called or what is it?

Any help or advice appreciated.

ok update

Ok looking online at examples mine does not look like a pixel, it looks more like I can see an mini led lamp behind the screen as if 1 or 2mm behind the screen and not touching the screen best I can judge it.

Sponsored Links
If you google dead/stuck/defective pixel there are load of examples.

Induvidually they are small, but large enough you can see them if you look closely, but they can die in clumps.

Daniel

Sponsored Links
Back