DELTAT.... The question is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=238000&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
That thread started at 5.00pm on Wednesday 25th August 2010 with the following post:

Why does everyone on this site think your a f***ing be**end??
It has just been closed today at 10.17am Monday 30th August 2010 by Mod 11.

The question is how was a thread/topic, that started with the post above, allowed to get past the first post let alone end up lasting 5 days and extent to 3 pages?

There will always be an excuse that some posts/topics/threads will get some 'air time' on here as the Mods can't be everywhere at once but 5 days is stretching that excuse.

Would Admin and/or Mod 11 or indeed any Mod like to tell us WHY that thread was allowed to progress past the opening post when it is obvious to anyone reading the opening post that it is abusive, inflammatory and offensive.

Sponsored Links
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:46 pm Comment:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this thread has degenerated into pointless squabbling and has been locked.
You didn't need help with this did you.

Please help by using the "alert moderators" button to any inappropriate content. Thank you
Which I've already done with my post to get a response from you and/or another Mod and/or Admin.

Are you seriously stating that in 5 days not a SINGLE moderator checked that post? :eek: :rolleyes:

I read somewhere that one of the posters said that the screwfix forum was down and that was the reason for these other posters to come on here,(not that is a problem) just wondering whether the sites of diynot and screwfix is owned by the same people and that a mod as transferred to here with their inconsistent moderation.

Sponsored Links
Excellent point blas . Makes you wonder when you see how quick certain people/topics are locked up.

Mods replies are nonsense about alert button and as for all the other stuff to check they know 99% of abuse is on this part so it is the most heavily monitored .

Which is why 2 mods have already replied without the alert button being touched

OOI, Blas, when did you first see that post, and when did you first press the "alert moderators" button?

Mod 3
So your going to swear on a family members life the alert button has been hit.

OOI, Blas, when did you first see that post, and when did you first press the "alert moderators" button?
I've only be able to pop in and out of here over the last couple of days John as we're 'supposed to be' on holiday at the minute (haven't been away as I can't work at the minute (long story but been in and out of hospital), and the wife has just been told her job is 'under threat'! She still wants to 'go places' as we have a young son so she wants him to have some holiday fun but to answer your question, I've only just seen the thread John.

Blasphemous raised an alert
Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:48 am Post Subject: 1719803 - Alert in General Discussion

I have looked, but there was no earlier alert, by him or anyone else, about the thread he is now complaining about.

He did not raise the alert until after I had locked it. Some might think that rather pointless.

I think that goes some way to answering his question
"...WHY that thread was allowed to progress past the opening post when it is obvious to anyone reading the opening post that it is abusive, inflammatory and offensive."
If you'd bothered to read my earlier post Mod 11 you would have seen that I 'raised the alert' to THIS thread in order to get an answer to my question.
Please help by using the "alert moderators" button to any inappropriate content. Thank you
Which I've already done with my post to get a response from you and/or another Mod and/or Admin.
I suggest that you CHECK MY POSTS BEFORE YOU INSINUATE SOMETHING!!!! Considering your attitude Mod 11, I won't bother 'trying to help' from now on.

if anyone had raised an alert earlier, the thread could have been dealt with earlier.

what's the point in complaining after I've locked it?
Christ All Mighty!!! Do you actually read posts you're referring to?

I refer you BACK to my original question in my opening post in this thread... (I've condensed the post just for you).

The question is how was a thread/topic, that started with the post above, allowed to get past the first post let alone end up lasting 5 days and extent to 3 pages?

Would Admin and/or Mod 11 or indeed any Mod like to tell us WHY that thread was allowed to progress past the opening post when it is obvious to anyone reading the opening post that it is abusive, inflammatory and offensive.

In short, just for you, my question is, WHY/HOW WAS THAT THREAD ALLOWED TO GET PAST THE OPENING POST NEVER MIND 5 DAYS?

I didn't see it until I happened to read it this morning.
And I too 'didn't see it until I happened to read it this morning.'

Sorry, but I am peeved that although I locked it as soon as I saw it, nobody raised an alert until after I had locked it; yet I am being criticised for not dealing with it sooner.
And I too am 'peeved' at the way in which you responded to me!

I'm not asking you why YOU particularly didn't lock/delete the thread, I am asking why NO MOD/ADMIN locked/deleted the thread for 5 days.

I am a volunteer, and I do not read every thread every day.
Apart from Admin, we're all volunteers, you don't need to state the obvious and/or look for sympathy by stating it.

the purpose of the Alert button is so members can report posts they think are objectionable.
I'm well aware of the button and what it is for thank you.

Let me ask you: Why do you think no member chose to raise an alert on it?
I have no idea why no member chose to raise an alert. I'm not a mind reader!

And I'm STILL 'peeved' at your attitude toward me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back