Dem Bonse dem Bones dem AC bones !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,11069-1957702,00.html
THE bones of Alistair Cooke, the veteran Letter from America broadcaster, were stolen by a criminal gang trading in body parts the day before his cremation, New York police have told his family.

Mr Cooke's family expressed their horror to The Times yesterday after being informed that his bones were removed by a surgeon the day after he died, and then allegedly sold for about $7,000 (£4,000) to two transplant companies.

Whatever next !!
:confused:

Sponsored Links
Am I missing something ? Since when have you been able to have a bone transplant ??

(Apologies in advance if this betrays a certain stupidity)

johnny_t said:
Am I missing something ? Since when have you been able to have a bone transplant ??

(Apologies in advance if this betrays a certain stupidity)

You may be missing something .. But read the Times .. it happened, and apparently continues to do so.

When you find out let us all in on it.
;)

Last week it was reported that the body of an 82-year-old New York woman, which was exhumed as part of the investigation, was found to have had plastic plumbing pipe stuffed into her burial clothing. Nearly all her bones below her waist had been removed before burial.

Plumbers ! I might have guessed... DEidn't need bonding then. :D

Since when did people have their bones removed before cremation?

joe

Sponsored Links
Since these barstewards started making dosh out of it mate.
:D

This story is obviously complete rubbish. De boning someone would take an experienced mortician days never mind some half a***d criminal gang. Possibly the family would notice before the cremation that their loved one had suddenly become Mr Floppy

I'm suprised this didn't come out on 1st April

Back