Demolition of brick garage and workshop

Joined
9 Oct 2007
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Location
Buckinghamshire
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!
Has anyone an idea of the cost of demolishing a brick built garage with a slate roof and an attched concrete block workshop with a corregated plastic roof please?
The garage and workshop are at the bottom of a sloping drive and they fllod when we have a lot of rain.
I have attached some picture of the garage and workshop.
Cheers.
 

Attachments

  • picture-1.jpg
    picture-1.jpg
    602.3 KB · Views: 20
  • picture-2.jpg
    picture-2.jpg
    807.1 KB · Views: 21
  • picture-3.jpg
    picture-3.jpg
    759.8 KB · Views: 21
  • picture-4.jpg
    picture-4.jpg
    791.5 KB · Views: 21
  • picture-5.jpg
    picture-5.jpg
    695.2 KB · Views: 20
I would imagine it would be a similar price to have them refurbished and some drainage installed as it would to get it demolished and removed.
Don't know your circumstances obviously but most people are desperate for good storage space.
I would think demolishion and site clearance woulld be a minimum of £1K
 
It'll cost whatever someone local prices it at: location will affect cost a lot. How long is the drive: can you get a skip down to it?

Are you wanting the floorslab gone?

I'd guess 2 guys 2days and a couple of skips.
 
I’d refurb it personally, improve drainage and fix the roof.
Maybe source Facebook marketplace doors and windows.
I bet it looks worse than it is.

If it has to be demolished, you need a skip or I believe that a slightly cheaper alternative is a grab loader. Obviously the waste needs to be in a place accessible to the loader.

£1-2k to demolish.
 
Thanks, very much for the information, the garage was built in the 30s and has no DPC and the floor is very poor. the project is to get it demolished and instsall a concrete slab on which would be a composite building.
 
Back
Top