derren brown: trick or treat.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just saw one tonight, that was cruel...

let me explain..
the guy's a hypnotist / mind reader / illusionist.

the main premise is that someone picks a card and gets a trick or a treat but they don't know which.
he hypotises them so he can do it later with just a word.

this week some woman chose trick and was then "monitored" for 4 weeks to see if she was mentally stable enough to continue.. ( H&S at work even in the magic trade )..

she was secretly filmed in her car and was less than a stellar driver.. applying hand lotion and driving hands free for about a minute at a time..
so they decided her trick was going to be to have an out of body experience and see her own death in a car crash.

they managed to get a life cast of her face without her knowing and then called her out to a photoshoot for the series.
got her to pull over with a phone call and put her under.
they then moved her to the set up scene of the car crash and told her she couldn't move..

everyone was told to ignore her and the police and ambulance came and took the woman made up to look like her away on a stretcher..
so she stood there watching and freaking out a bit.
they put her out again and returned her to her car where she woke up thinking it was a dream and a glimpse into her future..

she drives a lot more carefully now..

Sponsored Links
I was always led to believe that a person under hypnosis would only do what they wanted to do and if it was anethema to them in a conscious state then no amount of hypnosis would get them to carry out the act. Also after being under hypnosis the subject would not recall what they had done thereby making it impossible for someone to be told to rob a bank at gunpoint if it was not in their nature to do such a thing in their normal frame of mind.

I was always led to believe that a person under hypnosis would only do what they wanted to do and if it was anethema to them in a conscious state then no amount of hypnosis would get them to carry out the act.

The same people who told you this probably watched you cavort naked on stage doing obscene things with a goat!

I have seen many examples over the years of people I know well doing things under hypnosis that they would NEVER dream of doing under normal circumstances ... Laugh, I nearly bought a round :LOL:

Also after being under hypnosis the subject would not recall what they had done thereby making it impossible for someone to be told to rob a bank at gunpoint if it was not in their nature to do such a thing in their normal frame of mind.

There are many who believe that hypnosis is a mild form of brainwashing and there are countless examples of people acting out of character after being brainwashed.

A powerful tool in the hands of the good and a menace in the hands of the dark one ... Feel the force Conny ... FEEL THE FORCE :LOL:

MW

Listen to megawatt conny, he's speaking from experience.
If you ever saw that youtube vid his supposed brother in law posted of him trying to sing you'd know that. Must have been a f*ckin good hypnotist who did him though. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Not like you to be funny Sooey, have you been hypnotised?

Gassafeman: I don't actually think Goofey meant Joe90 but I understand the sentiment.

MW

If I ever went to a hypnotist it certainly wouldn't be someone on stage, too scared to even watch them on telly! :LOL:

The only time I would go to one would be a NHS registered one to help me pack in smoking. Trouble is I enjoy it! :(

Back