My lovely neighbour!

to nprove it is a shared drive with equal access you will need to see the copy of the deeds that have been lodged with the land registery. If its a shared drive than the fence is a no no. If its not a shared drive you are in for a long drawn out expensive battle for little gain over a few inches. Look at it this way what has it cost you so far....nothing. Whats it cost her so far a fair bit judging by the twee little crap fence shes had put up.
As for harrasment, well there has to be more than one instance of abuse, which doesnt really fit the bill here.
Lifes too short. Put some nice hanging baskets on your side of the fence!

Sponsored Links
that is a very cheeky kink in that fence, don't let them get away with it how's about you invest in some pigs and a cockeral would be good

Yeah you're probably right Themo, no one can win here. It isn't really a shared drive, it's just that the two drives aer adjacent to each other.

I was thinking of hanging some rope lights on it last Christmas, that would really annoy her. And maybe as you suggest, some nice half round baskets when the summer comes ;) Only problem is that she would probably cut them off. Ah well I suppose I will have to put up with it.

Well if you've already decided not to be confrontational how's about you ask her round for dinner become friends and reason will prevail

Sponsored Links
If you are claiming that the brick wall of your garage is the boundary then your gutter downpipe is on her property and so are your garage roof tiles. Any overhang over the boundary is a trespass so it could be you who ends up with a big problem if it could be proved the brick wall is the boundary.
(metal fence so disc cutter job)

I would Richard, but I can't stand the woman near me.

Wedid to get on really well at one time, I used to do odd jobs for them, fixed their washing machine and oven more than once. I guess it's the same old story, minor irritations grow into major confrontations.

Playing devils advocate here...

I would be pretty peeved if my neighbour started attaching things to my fence that I'd paid for to prevent them from tresspassing on my drive.

As it happens, I have a fantastic relationship with all of my neighbours, but even if it is hard too, it pays to take a step back and try to see it from the other persons perspective.

I'm not trying to say you are right or wrong here, but it's very easy to become narrow minded in these situations!!!

Surefire said:
You are also correct in thinking that there have been other issues with our neighbours in the past and this is only the latest bout of several. I could write a book on the things that have happened in the past but now is not the time or place. I will admit that I have not behaved perfectly at times, but compared to the "next doors" we are angels!

i dont doubt what you say but i expect your neibour will have simmilar opinions about you are definatly to blame the most

the trouble start when people dont comunicate there concerns

example my neibours who i get on with very well i told them i was building a shed up to the border of our gardens
they where upset as they thought i was going to remove there fenceand put the shed there

i went in to ask if the plans were ok as i was about to do the foundations

they said i dont like you taking the fence down and putting the shed there

they had misunderstood what i had said what i was doing [which they agreed to but misunderstood]was to remove the fence panels to secure the shiplap and put them back as 12inches is not enough space to get a drill in

The first part of the fence seems fair enough, the dog leg not so, I wonder if that was the installer allowing room for the post 'strut supports' pix 202? These struts are not on the first part of fence hence not intruding into 'her' drive
I would imagine that your garage is built on your property, and that the boundary is an extension parallel to and in plane with, at least the end (right hand) wall .... Although she gets the run off from your garage roof, note the drain pipe.
Interesting ! I wonder if her house was built AFTER yours, and in fact, a previous owner has nicked the possible access to your right hand garage wall and therefore not complained about your roof water draining onto their property ? - highly unusual, but not impossible I would imagine...... Her gate appears to be fixed to your garage wall -- Needs your agreement surely ?
So I think she has nicked at least where the fence is shifted toward your car, such that the 'struts' are not so much a 'trip' hazard on her side.
I bet the bricks near your drive just filled in a 'dividing' strip, never form a boundary IMHO.
I reckon go for her, speak to a surveyor, get the tech ideas before the lawman !!
P

Whose is the block paving in the photos? The pictures clearly show the railings on that side...

Property.jpg

I wonder if it was likely to look thus, but neighbours agreed to allow bricks to 'fill in' the useless dividing strip ?
This would have the drain pipe and the garage end wall on Surefire's own property.
Ok, even if the garage end wall is in the boundary plane, then the fence is encroaching on his drive I reckon without a doubt, no way could the boundary be surefires side of the end wall, not logical.
P

Divide your home into bedsits, and rent it out to students. Use the extra income to finance a second mortgage on a new home. She'll be sorry :evil:

ninebob

The block paving was put down by the neighbours builders a couple of years ago at the same time as they had an extention. Prior to that it was a grassed area that was not used as an entrance to their property as it didn't have a gate, just a permenent fence panel. Now it is the only point of access to their property at the back of their house. My tarmac drive was put down at the same time as the house was built and was laid upto wooden shuttering and the neighbours grass was laid again by the builder upto the other side of the shuttering. I think basically the tarmac guys just slappped in the shuttering without regard for the actual boundry but it has been used as such in the intervening years. You can clearly see that the block paving finishes left of the end of the garage wall. This raises the question: are some portion of their paving bricks on my property?

Pipme: Both houses were built at the same time, it's just that I occupied mine before the neighbours moved in.

TexMex said:
Divide your home into bedsits, and rent it out to students. Use the extra income to finance a second mortgage on a new home. She'll be sorry :evil:

Hahahah! I like your thinking Tex!

That'll learn 'er!

Sponsored Links
Back