Desk width

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My sons asked me to make a desk for his bedroom. All he needs are legs at either end and a worktop as he needs to move across the desk to get to the Mac at one end and the DJ gear at the other, and so he thought the worktop idea was best as he can slide across to where he needs to be on his chair.

The desk will be 80 inches across. He will have a Mac at one end and a DJ set up too with bookcase speakers and his laptop. Now, will it need a centre support being 80 inches? Ideally he doesn't want one as he needs to slide acorss.

Here are the legs for each end
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075NT3...olid=1I8OUO46RAEKK&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

What are your thought to kitchen worktop across the span?

Thanks Li

Sponsored Links
Place legs in from ends about 12-15” which will reduce the centre span and not be in the way .You could add a 3x2” timber to rear underside to stiffen the top .

80 inches is about 2m. right?

You need to add something to make it more rigid. A few bits of box-section steel, lengthways underneath, for example.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back