Desperately seeking affordable roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have constructed a new shed (20' X 12') from tanalised timber, with an apex roof. Can anyone recommend an economic roofing method that is a step up from the default roofing felt?

I am currently looking at the Ariel Coroline corrugated bitumous sheeting, which looks okay, but the cost of the fixings and ridge pieces are unbelievable. Also, the sheets are guaranteed waterproof for only 15 years, which doesn't seem a lot given the price of the roof.

Any help or advice would be very gratefully received.

Kind wishes ~ Patrick

Sponsored Links
I am currently looking at the Ariel Coroline corrugated bitumous sheeting, which looks okay, but the cost of the fixings and ridge pieces are unbelievable. Also, the sheets are guaranteed waterproof for only 15 years,
...yes and they warp easily too.

Use a heavy grade mineral felt.

Contact your local agricultural supplier and consider polyester coated metal roofing. Again it will be more expensive than felt but will last many years! You get it in various colours and profiles compared to the original wavy galvanised finish.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for those replies. They have certainly got me thinking. And I'm opting out of the Coraline stuff. Way too expensive to have problems like warping.

- Patrick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back