Detached 4 car garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there - designing a 12m x 7.5m four car detached garage. It is to be Permitted Development and therefore needs to be brick external leaf. Speaking with a builder, he says if i build with 4" brick external and tied to abutting 4" block solid wall that will be strong enough (and an economical way) to build it. I was going to just show a 100mm brick 100mm clear cavity 100mm block wall. Is the solid wall a better option? Or would it be better in a single skin of brick with piers at 3m intervals (or less)? The side gables will be 7.5m long and 4m tall to top of gable...

Thanks

Sponsored Links
with 337 x 337 piers? The garage is near some Douglas Firs trees too - so i am going to need foundations to depth of 1.75m - i was thinking of digging pads 600x600x1750 deep every 2.4m and installing concrete lintel/beams then building wall on top of that - rather than a full trnech fill all around the perimeter at 1750mm deep....Does this make sense? Obvioulsy this is going through building regs...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back