Detached Garage and Drains Disaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So decided to convert my detached garage, got a CCTV company to survey my property and they said the drains were 2 meters away from the garage, PERFECT easy tap into them.

Started digging last week, 1 meter down, No drain, 1.5 meter down no drain, called the company back but they could't come out. Phone another company who surveyed the drains and they are nowhere near the garage. :(

They are 10 meters away near the house currently trying to see if i can slope a drain 10 meters down the garden !!! Nightmare

Sponsored Links
It'll be reet, you only need 1 in 80 fall so 125mm (5 inches in old money). Hope the original CCTV lot have given you a refund :)

Harsh :(. It’s amazing how many drain people can’t trace a drain.

Sponsored Links
So ended up digging up my garden all the way, So finally accessed to the drain. :)

Next step insulating the walls!! Double block garage with no cavity so wondering if i can get away with 75mm insulation rather than 100mm

Attachments

• SImon.jpg
    SImon.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 412

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back