garage drainage/regs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum so hope I'm doing this right??? Some help would be much appreciated, I'm wanting to install drainage from my garage as it's now getting converted into a hairsalon, my biggest problem it the nearest man hole is in the front garden about 60ft away from the garage, iv come across a inspection drain that is closer shown in the 2nd picture, is it possible to run the drainage from the garage into the inspection drain?? If this is not possible does it mean iv got to dig down 6ft to the main man hole to run it into there??

Attachments

• 20160228_111655.jpg
    20160228_111655.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 173
  • 20160228_112735.jpg
    20160228_112735.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 212
Sponsored Links
You can connect to any foil drain. This will be agreed as part of the approval for the rest of the conversion.

You can't just dump it into the top though.

So its fine just to go into the inspection drain then, just go into one of the inlets into the bottom of it! At wot point do I need the local building inspection to come and sign it off? He will need to see everything iv put in I take it? Thank you

You need to apply for permission before starting the work. Otherwise you risk doing work which is wrong. If the conversion is for business purposes, then there are legal and insurance implications if the conversion is not authorised. Planning permission may apply too.

Yes you can connect to the drain, but it needs to be a proper connection, and generally any connection should be accessible for clearing blockages

Sponsored Links
picture 2 looks like a surface water/roof drain

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back