Drainage from proposed wet room

RDW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Further to my post on relocating my kitchen sink and dishwasher, as part of the same project I also plan to build an extension that incorporates a wetroom.

Again my problem is understanding how I can connect up the drainage to the existing inspection chamber.

As in the previous post when the house was built in 1972 the living room was the garage. Also in the garage was a toilet that was removed when the garage was converted into the living room.

I would imagine when the garage was converted that the builders just concreted over the hole, but I can push a tape measure, and hose pipe, up 4 meters.

The question is can I utilize this redundant pipe to join up a new pipe that comes out of the back of the wetroom, through what is currently an outside wall, and then through a channel dug in the living room floor to join up with the existing channel.

There will be a bend that I estimate will be about 45 degrees, although ith a bit more digging that could be smoothed more I would imagine,

I hope the picture helps, I have added a picture to the kitchen sink post as well if that also helps,

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Rob

Shower run proposed 2.png

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back