Detergent to clean sandstone?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any recommendation for a decent detergent to clean off muddy footprints on grey sandstone paving? I want to get the brown patches clean before winter.

Sponsored Links
If it's mud, just water and a broom.

Has it been laid with a fall so that rain runs off?

I have cleaned and hosed it several times over the summer, still traces of the footprints, I want to try something a bit stronger, it seems to have been rubbed in. It's the riven sandstone with a bumpier surface. It has a slight fall, when the caravan dwellers first laid it it went up and down a bit with an average of zero fall, but it has a bit now.

Sponsored Links
I tried this on oil stains on my drive. Took a couple of applications and a pressure washer but brought all the stains out.

Well the patio is sandstone, not limestone. I had to use HCl with a cup and old toothbrush where I had spilt some cement in some places and the stone did not fizz.
I will try that Alkaline cleaner first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back