Devi Mat Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm going to install a Devi Mat underfloor heating system and need something cleared up. Looking at the installation instructions, it states that you need a box 30cm up from teh floor with a blanking plate on however I can not make out why this is necessary as it only seems to have the cold tail to teh programmer and floor sensor down running through it rather than any connections. Is this right or am I missing something off the picture? So is this box and blanking plate necessary? Thanks

Sponsored Links
No not yet, was going to do that if you guys can not shed any light on it also thought manufacturer obviously has a reason for displaying it but wanted an answer from people with experience in fitting as to if it is really necessary rather than preferred. The mat is going in a bathroom and this plate would be on the outside wall which is our main landing area so hoping to avoid unsightly blanking plate if unavoidable.

Sponsored Links
It could also be to help you feed in a new sensor cable should the current one pack up... just a thought.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back