DeWalt multi-tool issue

Further update to above.
The very same damned day, the problem came back.
So I bought a new one .

Sponsored Links
£25 for the repair seems very very cheap, I just wondered was that a dewalt repair service and why you decided against that ?
Because I repaired it in the same way that they would. The guy in the shop (generic tool shop, but an authorised DeWalt repair centre) actually told me what to do. And it worked a great, until it started cutting out again.
Didn’t really have the time to drive to the shop and then wait a few days.

Edit: to confirm, my fix worked well for a couple of months. Coincidentally it went screwed on the same day that I posted the update stated it was fixed! (n)

Sponsored Links
thanks , hadn't realised you repaired the wire.
Quite a common issue , poor joints, broken wire.
Actually I didn’t repair the wire. I checked it and the solder seal was solid. I basically cleaned everything and almost soaked the whole thing in contact cleaner, left it a day, put it back together and everything worked a charm.
Now that I have a new one which is constantly in use whilst refitting an en suite, I’ll probably take it to the repair shop and have it sorted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back